Sunday, 11 October 2015

A package from Dita!


Anyone who follows Dita Von Teese on Instagram (which is basically everyone, right?) would know that Dita has started selling pieces from her vintage collection on Depop Market. As a fan of Dita and her enviable wardrobe, I've been following her listings for a while now, hoping to snare a piece straight from her jewellery box. 

Dita's fan base on Depop grows by the day, with over 500,000 followers and counting. That's a lot of competition, so well-priced or stage-worn pieces often disappear within minutes of being listed. 

However, after a few weeks of regular Depop checking, I spotted a piece that would suit one of my dresses perfectly... I was all over it like sparkle on rhinestones! About a week and a half later, this package turned up on my doorstep.


As I opened the box, the first thing I noticed was a delicate waft of perfume, which was no doubt one of Dita's signature fragrances. Inside, I found a small parcel carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and tissue paper... But not just any old tissue paper, the design is the "Toile de Jouy" print created for Dita by Christian Louboutin.


The tissue paper was bound with Dita's distinctive red seal.


Every piece of jewellery or clothing sold in Dita's store is also accompanied by a certificate of authenticity signed by Dita herself.


And here it is! When I saw this pink rhinestone necklace, I knew it was meant to be. They perfectly match the pink rhinestones on this hot pink dress by Mr. Frank of New York. I can't wait to wear them both together!


If you'd like to snare a piece from Dita's collection for yourself, make sure you download the Depop Market app and follow "ditavonteese". You can browse the listings on a desktop computer, but purchases can only be made through the app.

Good luck, and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment